The Russians brought to their section of the International Space Shuttle some items highly important to practitioners of the Holy Orthodox faith: icon, cross, Gospel, and relic (a piece of the True Cross). Kudos to the Russians on this one. Americans can bring all the flags and constitutions they want to the ISS, but they’ll never come close to these holy reminders of the real deal.
February 24, 2010
Orthodoxy comes to the ISS
About Pete Mladineo
Wandering fool View all posts by Pete Mladineo
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 at 1:32 pm and posted in Christianity, Life, Orthodoxy. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Rich folks and Christ wp.me/pLweE-ou 3 years ago
- Two Superstorms the Bookends in a Troubled Life Phase wp.me/pLweE-op 3 years ago
- Happy Lazarus Saturday Eve! It’s the An wp.me/pLweE-oh 4 years ago
- Happy Lazarus Saturday Eve! It's the Anniversary of my and my son Johan's baptism in Christ. ow.ly/vHf2j 4 years ago
- It's that day! The Great Canon of Repentance by St. Andrew, pravoslavie.ru/english/69650.… 4 years ago