This is a very good read. It shows the church’s highest council using restraint, asking for mercy and pity for the girls, but also maintain a sense of quiet spiritual dismay over their actions. It also features an excellent unpacking of the concept of sinning against the Holy Spirit. The statement can be found here. Best to the read the whole dang thing.
August 21, 2012
Church’s Statement on the Punk Riot Girls’ Sentences
About Pete Mladineo
Wandering fool View all posts by Pete Mladineo
This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 at 1:18 pm and tagged with Pussy Riot, Russia, Russian Orthodox Church and posted in Christianity, Orthodoxy, religion. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Rich folks and Christ wp.me/pLweE-ou 2 years ago
- Two Superstorms the Bookends in a Troubled Life Phase wp.me/pLweE-op 2 years ago
- Happy Lazarus Saturday Eve! It’s the An wp.me/pLweE-oh 3 years ago
- Happy Lazarus Saturday Eve! It's the Anniversary of my and my son Johan's baptism in Christ. ow.ly/vHf2j 3 years ago
- It's that day! The Great Canon of Repentance by St. Andrew, pravoslavie.ru/english/69650.… 3 years ago